In today’s time, with the increasing number of obesity cases, diseases, and different conditions that are associated to being overweight, it’s difficult to ignore the importance of health and fitness in our daily life. Health professionals often attribute some detrimental illnesses like diabetes, cancer, or even mental issues to health and fitness.
Without proper nutrition and lack of ways to guarantee one’s fitness, people are faced with numerous threats to their health on a daily basis. But the sad thing is, nutrition and different ways to be healthy are everywhere. It’s just that many people do not know how to utilize and improvise things to secure longevity and better quality of life. What they need to understand is the fact that health and fitness is not a one-way process, instead, it is and should be comprised of these three components: physical, physiological, and nutritional.
• Exercise plays a crucial role in a person’s life. So many researches can prove that people who regularly exercise have a better quality of life and tend to live longer than those who don’t. When it comes to fitness, the rights types of exercises are very important.
• Cardiovascular Exercise – This type of exercise raises the heart rate at 70-85%, which is the ideal range. The maximum heart rate, however, will depend on the person’s age. This is best done with aerobic exercises that help in weight loss, reducing bad cholesterol, and lessening the risk of heart attacks.
• Strength Training – This is a musculoskeletal exercise that increases the resistance that muscles can endure. When done regularly, it strengthens and enlarges the muscles. As a result, a person can benefit from an increased metabolism, making weight loss or maintaining the weight easier.
• Stretching- Many people do not realize its importance in health and fitness. It should be done along with an aerobic exercise or weight training. Stretching helps increase muscles and the ability of the tendons and ligaments to elongate. This exercise increases flexibility.
• Core Stability- This exercise involves strengthening the muscles that line up the spine and make up the abdomen and pelvic floor. Core strength training corrects a bad posture, which helps minimize or prevent injuries.
Mental Rest and Relaxation
Rest and relaxation are essential to the mind and body to recuperate. Just like the muscles in the body that get sore, the brain also needs time to cool down. Without enough rest and relaxation, the body functions poorly, there is a decrease in performance, and complications may arise. This is why having enough amount of sleep is a must for everyone to give the body enough energy for it to function at its best. It is also important to relax in between physical activities.
Giving the body with proper nutrition is a must in health and fitness. The body needs ample amount of vitamins, minerals, protein, fat, and carbohydrates to function optimally and be free of diseases. Eating the right nutritional food helps facilitate the body’s ability to strengthen the immune system. As a result, since the body can function at its best without having to suffer from various diseases, there will be no need for any medical drugs.
The benefits of having an active and healthy lifestyle are life-changing. Whether you want to increase your activity level or join a fitness plan, giving your body the attention it needs will definitely pay off in the future.